Disclaimer: I will NOT consume any of these bars. S. is traveling this weekend and wanted a snack. He loves peanut butter cookies and fruit bars so here is my creation, just for him! He sampled one bar and promptly packed the rest. Yay!!! :)
Peanut Butter Fruit Bars
1. 1 pkg Krusteaz Bakery Style Peanut Butter Cookie Mix (17.5 oz)
2. 1 tbsp water
3. 1 egg
4. 3 tbsp vegetable oil
5. 2 tbsp butter, melted
6. ½ cup white chocolate chips
7. ¾ cup dried cranberries
8. ¾ cup dried apricots, chopped
1. Preheat oven to 350 F.
2. Stir together water, egg, and oil.
3. Add cookie mix, fruit, and chocolate chips.
4. Mix, then add melted butter to form soft dough.
5. Press dough into lightly sprayed 9 x 9 x 2 pan.
6. Bake for 30 minutes.
7. Cool and cut into bars.