Search This Blog

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Business Dinner Menu -- Success!

In order to get some work-related things done, S. invited several important people to dinner last night.  Yes, he could have just taken them to eat somewhere.  However, everybody liked the personal touch and things went very smoothly -- S. is very happy with outcomes.  I can't say much here but organization/industry he is working for encourages snobby behavior so I am happy that both S. and I are well on the way to be accepted as equals.  Not an easy feat, for sure!  This simple dinner was another brick in that road to success.

I was extremely busy this week, having to finish my own work-related stuff, but this dinner did not take long; yet, it was delicious.  Try it! :) 

I am not providing full recipes here unless I made changes.  However, links are included.  Sorry there are no pics -- barely had enough time to put everything together, no time for pics.

Appetizers
Smoked Salmon in Cucumber Cups

Tomato Jewels

Asparagus Bundles

Assorted veggies (cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, bell peppers, broccoli florets, baby carrots) and several salad dressings (French, Blue Cheese, and Ranch -- what we had in the fridge, lol)

Salad
Very simple -- chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, onions, bell pepper, olives on shredded romaine lettuce, seasoned with salt/pepper and olive oil.  Sprinkle with chopped parsley.  I used shallow soup bowls (fit in the fridge better than salad plates) to make individual salads, covered with plastic wrap, and refrigerated until time.

Bread
I made breadsticks using this recipe.  I added 2 tbsp crushed rosemary, made dough in the breadmaker, shaped into breadsticks, let rise for 1 hour, and baked 20 mins at 400.  Brushed with butter.

Main Course
Portobello and Chicken Roll Ups

I actually just posted this recipe.  This time, I made my own Alfredo sauce.  Also, last time chicken was a bit dry so I added 1 tsp of butter to the bundles, to keep chicken moist and sprayed with butter-flavored spray for a nice golden color.

Cheese Ravioli (I did not have time to make my own but Mona's Cheese Ravioli from Publix are awesome).  I added 1/2 stick garlic herb butter (Publix) to the bowl of pasta, for extra touch.

Alfredo Sauce
1-2 cloves of garlic, pressed (you can mince but then sauce won't be as smooth)
1.5 cup heavy cream
1.5 cup milk
½ cup parmesan
½ cup romano
6 egg yolks
Salt and pepper to taste

Sauté garlic. Heat milk and cream until simmering. Turn off heat and mix in cheese. Mix a little of milk mixture into yolks, then slowly add EGG mixture into milk mixture. Heat on low heat, mixing well until thickens.
Dessert
Caramel Macchiato Cheesecake
What an awesome cheesecake!  I added a topping of chocolate liquer whipped cream:  whip 1 pint of heavy cream with powdered sugar -- add to taste (~ 1 cup), then add some Godiva Chocolate liquer -- again, to taste (~ 1/4 cup).  Also, I garnished with grated chocolate for a finished look.  Refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours or, even better, overnight.

We had a variety of sodas and juice.  Also, we  have Tassimo machine and made lattes, cappuccinos, Earl Grey tea, and regular coffee.

Everybody was happy -- well, plates were clean and people were taking seconds and thirds, a good indication, right?  One divorced guy even asked us for some leftovers.  I found that both hilarious and sad -- this guy can afford any restaurant and you could see he was embarrassed to ask but said he absolutely loved everything and wanted more of the homemade stuff.  Well, thank you, sir! :)

No comments:

avandia class action