Search This Blog

Thursday, March 03, 2011

Five-Minute Chicken Noodle Soup

Both S. and I had a rough week.  S. is also sick -- sore throat, coughing...  And I did not have much time to make dinner... So I made my five-minute soup.

This soup is not to be compared to the real chicken soup, of course, but it was delicious, filling, and soothing.  And it only took me a few minutes to make it.  I also had some frozen rolls.  Usually, I make my own bread but do keep some frozen rolls, just in case.

Ingredients:
1/2 small bag shredded carrots (or 1-2 carrots)
celery, chopped (did not have any last night but would be a nice addition)
1 can chicken
1 envelope Lipton Soup Selects
parsley, finely chopped

To speed up the process, turn the stove burner on and run water until it's hot.  Add about six to eight cups of water (depends on the desired thickness of soup) to the small pot.  Add chicken and carrots and bring to boil.  Add soup mix and simmer for about five munutes or longer if there is time. Add parsley.  Enjoy!

No comments:

avandia class action