Search This Blog

Monday, June 06, 2011

Venting

I don't like it when somebody schedules things involving me without giving me a fair warning.  Somebody did this yesterday and trying to do it today.  I am not a happy person.

Yesterday, I had to reschedule the online course orientation meeting with my students.  Yeah, I am crazy to schedule work-related stuff on Sunday, but taking care of students prior to the beginning of semester (it started today) helps me to avoid quite a few problems later.  Many students take online courses because they are working long hours during the week and can only meet over the weekend.  I don't mind, really -- does not matter to me when I work, as long as I am spending a reasonable amount of time.  If I work over the weekend, I have time to write during the week.

Anyway, yesterday I had to reschedule from 2:00 to 4:00 pm.  Well, the person kept me late and so I was a few minutes late for the session.  Of course, technology was not cooperating, as it always does when you're running late; have you noticed that?  Not a good start for students, especially those who have never taken online courses before.  If I had a chance to login early, I probably would have been able to resolve most, if not all, problems ahead of time.  See why I am upset???

Today, this same person is trying to do the same thing.  I already have a meeting scheduled for this afternoon and now this person wants to reschedule.  NO!  I have a long list of things to do today and need to focus on my own committments.  In fact, I could have shortened the list if I did not waste three hours yesterday, helping this person with something that actually does not benefit me at all.  So, here, feeling better! :)

1 comment:

Modern Camelot said...

Hey! Thanks so much for the comment! We ordered the stencil from CuttingEdgeStencils.com and it came with instructions on how to apply it - my aunt just used a small roller and acrylic craft paint! It took her about 4 hours to do the whole room.

avandia class action