Search This Blog

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Corn Casserole

I cook a lot so not sure why I haven't made corn casserole before.  I tried this recipe last week and it's a winner!  S. and my brother insisted on eating it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.  Hope you will enjoy it, too.

The original recipe is here:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/corn-casserole-recipe/index.html

Ingredients:
1 (15 1/4 oz) can whole kernel corn, drained
1 (15 1/4 oz) can cream-style corn
1 (8 oz) package corn muffin mix (Jiffy)
1 cup sour cream
1 egg (not in the original recipe)
1 stick butter, melted
1 cup shredded Cheddar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 F.  Stir together all ingredients except Cheddar cheese.  Pour into greased 9 x 13 casserole dish.  Bake 45 minutes or until golden brown.  Remove from oven and top with cheese.  Bake for 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted.  Let stand for at least 5 minutes and then serve warm.

I think it tastes better when reheated the next day so it's a great dish to prepare ahead.  Also, I may add bacon bits next time.

No comments:

avandia class action