Search This Blog

Friday, May 27, 2011

Progress

I did write quite a bit so far but still struggling with the flow of information.  Everybody knows that laundry list of studies is a big no-no for the lit review but I have always struggled with that.  Alas, prospectus lit review is so much more difficult than just a paper.  I just feel like I have said everything I wanted to say.  Trying to move past this obstacle...

It's expensive but I have decided to work with a dissertation coach, just to get me through the first few chapters.  It's been two long years and occassional few pages are not getting me anywhere.  I am hoping to create a stressful situation since per hour consulting is expensive so definitely an incentive to meet deadlines.  I am always working better when deadlines are looming.

Based on prior experience, once I get through prospectus, things will start rolling because I have always enjoyed writing up results and discussion and never had any problems with not having enough to say.  Most of the time, I actually have to restraint myself from being too verbose.

I did lose a few pounds.  Not as much as I wanted but at least I have been eating healthier, mainly because I had more time to cook healthy meals.  I do cook a lot but, when tired, I tend to select "comfort" foods, not necessarily "healthy" foods.  One of my friends shared this website:  http://www.myfitnesspal.com/.  I love it!  I can also use it on my phone so eating out is much easier.

Back to work next week but my schedule is fairly light this summer.  I think I will stay at the other house, away from S.  As much as I love him, he can be a HUGE distraction.  Like this morning...  It's not even noon and he already called twice!  I appreciate attention but sometimes it's too much.  I was accomplishing so much more before I met him.  I don't like admitting this but it's a fact...

No comments:

avandia class action