Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

A sure sign of a spoiled man... sigh...

Our elderly neighbor had back surgery so I made some homemade chicken noodle soup and breadsticks yesterday, to take to her and her husband.  S. came home just as I took breadsticks out of the oven.  As I turned around to get some butter out of the fridge, he decided to "help" -- by generously, veeeeeeery generously, sprinkling breadsticks with garlic salt!!!!!

As I was shaking off all that extra salt and arranging soup and bread into a basket, he managed to snag two breadsticks!

Finally, soup and breadsticks were safely delivered to the neighbors and we came back to the house.  I took out leftover breadsticks from the fridge (baked the night before and needing only a few secs in a microwave to taste fresh again), for our dinner, and S. was genuinely surprised that I did not make another fresh batch for him.  His statement?!  "I don't like old bread!"  Really?!  What old bread?!  Just you wait until I am back to work -- you will be begging for that "old bread," lol!!!

No comments:

avandia class action