Search This Blog

Monday, July 24, 2006

I am back from Nigeria and Cameroon!!!

Wow, what an experience! This seminar changed my perception of Nigeria and Cameroon and instilled a new appreciation for the hard work of so many people who are locked into a vicious circle of poverty. If you were reading my other blog (see posting below), you already know about my adventures; I will update that blog later this week.

We are back -- safe and sound! As of 4:00 p.m. yesterday (when we landed), our checked in bags were still vacationing in Frankfurt (our connection from Brussels arrived late); hopefully, I will be able to pick up my bags today -- supposedly, they are arriving on the same flight this afternoon. Although they offered to mail the bags, I don't want to rely on two rather questionable agencies; one is plenty.

This experience proved my theory that one should always pack a carry-on with enough items to survive for a necessary period of time. Or, even better, pack lightly and don't check in anything. Of course, longer trips require checked in bags.

Anyway, I better get back to work -- it's going to be a very busy week...

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

welcome home!

avandia class action