- 1.5 cups fresh zucchini, peeled and diced
- 3-4 cups chicken broth (depends on desired consistency)
- 1 can chicken
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, shredded
- 1-2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1-2 slices bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Freshly-grated Parmesan cheese (or your favorite cheese), to taste
Bring chicken broth to boil. Add zucchini and cook on medum heat until tender. Meanwhile, saute onions and carrots in olive oil until golden brown; add flour and mix well; add onions to the pot. Add chicken. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Pour into serving bowls and garnish with Parmesan cheese, parsley, and bacon. Serve with fresh bread.