Search This Blog

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Day 70: Picnic -- Kebabs and Veggies!

The weather is so nice today that we could not resist spending some time outdoors.  I made kebabs this morning and S. sliced veggies.  I bought extra-fresh pickling cucumbers yesterday as well as crispy lettuce and vine-ripened tomatoes.  I also made tsatziki sauce -- low-fat yogurt with garlic and dill.  Perfect food for a picnic!

Here is how I usually make kebabs:

Mix lean ground beef, finely chopped parsley, finely chopped onions, and salt/pepper.  Form into small "sausages" -- the kebab shape.  Fry in olive oil or bake in the oven for a healthier version.  Drain on paper towels to remove excess fat.

Serve with sauce and veggies inside pita bread (or lettuce leaves, in my case).

No comments:

avandia class action