Search This Blog

Monday, December 19, 2011

I said "No!" and it feels good!

As a faculty member, I get to enjoy office-free and committee-free days between the end of semester (once grades are posted) and the week before classes start. Yes, I have to get ready for the next semester. However, I do NOT want to be asked to help somebody on their project because they procrastinated during the semester. Sorry, not my problem. Especially since I was asked to do a one-semester one-course release to help this person. We hired this person just for this project -- and his/her salary is much higher than my meager pay. Oops, the semester is over. See ya! Of course, I was more diplomatic, but I did tell the person that my own writing comes first for the next two weeks. I have no idea what this person will do (go and complain to the VP?) but I am tired of shoving my own writing to the back burner for the last two years while constantly dealing with this long-term assignment. Find somebody else. I am done.

No comments:

avandia class action