Search This Blog

Friday, September 29, 2006

Oh, just wishful thinking...

After surviving several very hectic weeks and working late last night (ah, midterm is almost upon us so midterm grades are due today), I woke up at 7:30 a.m., feeling surprisingly refreshed. And I don't have to be anywhere until noon... Wow, feels so good! It would have been great to have this luxury every day...

So I made a latte and decided to gather some articles for a lit review. Oh, it's so nice to move at a normal pace, instead of my usual rush-rush-rush...

Anyway, let me switch to a different topic... I attended a meeting yesterday afternoon, 4:30 to 5:30, with two guys from another department. And that meeting really irritated me -- please note that I am a very patient person. Our agenda was almost two pages long and contained stuff like (1) Welcome -- Chair, (2) Overview of Past Deliberations, etc. And we proceeded to have a ten-minute welcome, word-by-word reading of past deliberations, etc. It might have been fine for a new committee but we met a gazillion times last year and already knew exactly what had to be done. Come on, it's Thursday afternoon and everybody is tired; let's just make necessary changes and leave. I had enough when the new chair suggested we rewrite everything we already had. Are you kidding??? That's where my aggressive side kicked in, fueled by physical and emotional exhaustion, and I firmly "put my foot down." And it worked -- we wrapped up our "deliberations" in 15 minutes and the chair even looked pleased, apparently convinced it was his idea; oh, I don't care -- just want to go home. Come on, people, pompous phrases are totally unnecessary -- just state the important stuff and go do something else. I guess I won -- this time! :)

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

I hate meetings like that. I glad you let your foot speak!!!!

avandia class action