Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Question for y'all...

Why do people come up with ideas and then expect someone else to make them a reality??? Our new staff member decided we need a monthly newsletter and promptly asked the dept chair to appoint a committee. Excuse me, if you have time, why don't you create a newsletter? Of course, as luck goes, I ended up being on that committee and now have one more thing on my ever-expanding plate.

Did it ever happen to you? What did you do? I have to admit meak acceptance since I really had no choice. :(

3 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

That sucks. I would hate being placed on a committee that I did not want to be a part of or had time to engage in.

Is there any way you could bow out gracefully????

Alice said...

Afraid not -- dept chair has been very good to me and I want to remain under her protective wing when it comes to things like travel expenses, flexible schedule, etc.

Seeking Solace said...

Darn, I would bail out!

avandia class action