Search This Blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

On traveling...

I am usually early because I would rather sit and wait than miss something. All of us know what happens when we are late -- traffic lights are red, slow pokes are driving at half the speed limit, etc. Since I am flying out of State Capital this morning, traffic was so not fun; still, it was OK -- we were moving at all times, albeit slowly.

Parking was an issue, as always. Hey, I got my morning exercise walking from the Timbuktu Parking Lot and pulling my luggage. The check-in process was smooth, too. Honestly, I expected longer lines at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, Dec. 29. Now let's hope my luggage makes it to St. Louis. I don't check in bags unless I absolutely have to; and I had to this time since I din't plan this trip and so didn't bring any travel size toiletries to my parents' house. Oh, well -- this is a non-stop flight so the worst scenario is leaving the bag in Atlanta and picking it up on Monday, right?

Then I got to security... A chirpy security agent looked at my boarding pass and informed me that I had an S on it, meaning that I was selected for additional security. See why being early or at least on time is important? They took forever looking through my carry on. Then they called the supervisor. Knowing that there was nothing bad in my luggage, I was not nervous, just impatient. Finally, they informed me that my laptop set off an alarm, probably because their scanner had a residue and set off an alarm. Huh??? Anyway, I got an apology for waiting so long and was finally able to walk to my gate.

Picked up a chocolate bar and a bottle of water. Due to some family issues, I didn't get to bed until after 2:00 a.m. and was up at 6:00 a.m., so chocolate is a necessity, not a luxury, this morning. And what can be better than chocolate for breakfast, right? ;)

So here I am, killing time before my flight boards. Then a short flight to St. Louis and a weekend of fun. We are attending a very interesting conference and doing other fun stuff, so I really look forward to this weekend. New Year's celebration should be pretty cool, too.

I am not sure if I will have another chance to blog so Happy New Year, everybody!!!

No comments:

avandia class action