Search This Blog

Sunday, December 03, 2006

The weather won't cooperate...

My flight to New York City was a nightmare on Friday -- originally scheduled to depart at 5:45 p.m., it did not leave Capital City until almost 9:00 p.m. because all NYC airport operations were grounded due to inclement weather. When we finally got to NYC, the wind was too strong and the pilot had to abort a landing and try again. Did I scare you yet? I can tell you that I was plenty scared and I am not afraid of flying. The pilot was awesome, though -- when he touched down the second time, it was a very, very smooth landing. Way to go, Captain!

And so what are weather forecasters saying now??? Um, 50% of snow showers tonight and early tomorrow morning. My flight is scheduled to depart at 6:00 a.m. Fortunately, the thermometer won't dip too low -- 37 F so maybe it will be OK.

2 comments:

BrightStar said...

Good luck! I had travel trouble due to weather last week, so I know how frustrating that can be.

Alice said...

Thanks, B*! :)

avandia class action