While we were picking up the puppy, we started talking about exercising and eating right. I mentioned that I am trying to lose weight and our friend offered me a huge bag of Medifast Meals. She lost about 20 lbs recently and feels great so I am going to give it a try.
It's the 5 & 1 plan:
- Eat 5 Medifast Meals and 1 Lean & Green Meal (5-7 oz of lean protein and three servings of non-starchy vegetables with some healthy fat, such as salad dressing, olive oil, and condiments/seasonings, such as herbs, spices) per day.
- Eat every two to three hours to boost metabolism.
- Eat slowly -- spend at least 15 minutes for each meal.
- Drink lots of fluids -- at least 8 cups of water.
Here is my meal plan for today:
- Scrambled eggs for breakfast, with salt/black pepper (surprisingly tasty)
- Chocolate mint crunch bar for mid-morning snack (delicious)
- Chicken breast, romaine lettuce, tomato, and cucumber salad, with olive oil, for lunch
- Dutch Chocolate shake for afternoon snack
- Chicken & Wild Rice soup for dinner
- Hot cocoa for evening snack
I will make Chicken and Shrimp Pad Thai for S. -- he loves it.
1 cup grilled chicken
1 small package of shrimp
1 box of Taste of Thai Pad Thai (I know I am cheating but it tastes almost like the real thing -- and I have been to Thailand so know how it's supposed to taste)
2 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tbsp peanuts or cashews, finely chopped