Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Roasted Potatoes, Steak, and Mushrooms

I am trying to cut down time spent on cooking so using leftovers from our freezer.  This afternoon, I found some leftover steak and mushrooms in Alfredo sauce.  I peeled and sliced several potatoes, seasoned with salt and cumin, and poured leftover steak and mushrooms gravy.  Then I sliced and sauteed a small onion, adding a little bit of flour to thicken the gravy (it was a little watery after defrosting).  Added onions and mix all ingredients in the casserole dish.  Covered the dish with foil and it's now baking at 400 F.  Probably will take an hour or so.  I will sprinkle it with finely chopped parsley before serving tonight.  Also, I will serve our favorite salad -- chopped tomatoes, sliced onions, and chick peas, with olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Total time cooking tonight?  Approximately 15 minutes, not bad.  S. usually does dishes so I am done for tonight. :)

No comments:

avandia class action