Search This Blog

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 2/Favorite Grilled Chicken

S. and I took Beauty for a long brisk walk last night so I guess the poor thing was still tired this morning.  I picked up the leash to take her for a morning walk and she ran into her crate, hiding in a far corner.  Lazy girl!  :)  We will go for a walk tonight, though, when S. gets home.  I need to exercise!

My meal plan for today:
  • Peach Oatmeal for breakfast (not sweet but not too bad, either)
  • Swiss Mocha Shake for mid-morning snake
  • I still have some chicken left so will make another salad with fresh veggies (tomato, cucumber, and romaine lettuce) and olive oil for lunch.  I love this salad so does not feel like a diet at all.  Usually, I add some freshly shredded Parmesan but need to stick to the plan for now.
  • Vanilla Pudding for mid-afternoon snack
  • Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner.  Wild Rice Chicken Soup was delicious last night -- I was surprised, actually.
  • Cinnamon Roll Crunch for evening snack.
I will make our Favorite Grilled Chicken for S.  This is how they make chicken at faculty/staff picnics at our school and it's absolutely delicious.

Ingredients:
  • Chicken (I use skinless chicken breasts but mixed parts or chicken breasts with skin would turn out more moist, of course)
  • Liquid smoke if grilling indoors and like the flavor
  • Marinade/dressing of choice
If chicken breasts are large, I usually cut in half (only cooking one chicken breast tonight).  The trick to super-moist chicken is to grill on low to medium for 45 minutes, transfer to the aluminum pan, cover with favorite dressing/marinade, seal with foil, and grill for another 45 minutes.  Don't skip covering with dressing/marinade step -- will probably result in dry meat.  I will also grill a couple of potatoes with meat, same procedure.  A small salad will complete a meal for S.  I am sure he won't be complaining. :)
We have this grill and it's awesome.  Food cooks evenly and it's easy to clean/store.

Now back to work!

No comments:

avandia class action