Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah! OK, feeling better now!

  1. I did not write as much as I expected during Christmas break (did we have a break? more like a few days...), even though I skipped most of the festivities.  We went to see my parents for just a few hours, literally -- arrived after midnight on Christmas Day and left the next morning.  Same for S.'s parents.  They live much closer but we stopped for less than an hour on the way to my parents.  Everybody was upset with us but both S. and I had so much to do...  I was hoping to leave the heavy burden of prospectus in 2011 but, alas, it's still there...  But it's much, much lighter, yay!!!  Just need time, precious time... without interruptions... just some peace and quiet...
  2. Because I wanted to concentrate on writing, I avoided any preps for this semester.  And now it's here... and I am so not ready...
  3. Several classrooms have been renovated -- nice!  All software is gone -- NOT nice!
  4. Because of renovations, my office temporarily (I sure hope so!) doubles as storage area for equipment and supplies.  My request for a built-in closet in our regular classroom has been ignored so they are looking for another closet elsewhere in the building, sigh...
  5. Part-timers are asking about this and that...  this and that...
  6. My phone is ringing off the hook...
  7. My Inbox is exploding...
  8. Students, refreshed after a nice Christmas break, are eager to pester me with a gazillion of irrelevant problems once again.  And some of them have quite an attitude, sigh...  I have to remind myself to be polite and firm... polite and firm...  polite and firm...
Student:  Ms. Alice, I need *** class because it works better for my schedule.
Me:  Dear Student, this section is closed.  Please select another section.
Student:  Well, do something about it!!!
Me:  Dear Student, I cannot override closed sections.  Please contact the section instructor.
Student:  I did and the instructor said, "No."

OK, I just ignore this email.  What can I say or do?  Nothing.  Less than an hour later...

Student:  I haven't heard back from you.  I need this section.

Thus Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!  Happy New Year and Spring 2012 Semester!

No comments:

avandia class action