I saw this Bacon, Cremini & Brie Potatoes recipe here and decided to use it for dinner today, since we already had most of the ingredients and it looked so yummy and easy to make. Yes, dinner! :) We usually have late breakfast and then early dinner on Sundays.
- 2 medium baking potatoes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 bacon strips (center-cut), chopped
- 1/4 lb sliced baby portobello (cremini) mushrooms
- 2 oz Camembert, sliced and divided in half
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 cup assorted mini bell peppers, cut into strips
- salt/pepper/other spices to taste
- 2 lamb loin chops
- 2 cloves of garlic, pressed
- salt/pepper/other spices (I used rosemary)
- a splash of olive oil
- a splash of lemon juice or balsamic vinegar
- Marinate lamb loin chops overnight.
- Scrub and pierce potatoes. Rub potato skins with oil and sprinkle with salt/pepper/other spices.
- Bake potatoes at 400 F until tender (about an hour).
- While potatoes are baking, grill or pan fry lamb loin chops. Cover to keep warm.
- Marinate mushrooms and peppers in the meat marinade, just for a few minutes.
- Cook chopped bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels.
- Saute mushrooms and peppers, separately. Cover both to keep warm.
- Cut an X in tops of potatoes. Insert cheese slices. Top with mushrooms and bacon.
- Add lamb loin chop and some peppers to each plate. Place in the oven for just a couple of minutes, to make sure all ingredients are warm and cheese is melted. Be careful -- plates will be very hot! Place hot plates on another set of plates or use heatproof mats.
- Note: As I was finishing this meal today, I mentally kicked myself for not using these handy fajita skillets. They come with stands and handle covers! I should have just arranged everything on these skillets, warmed up the meal in the oven, and brought them directly to the table. Oh, well -- next time!
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.