Search This Blog

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Eeeeewww!

One of my students, an older woman, just stopped by my office, smelling like kitchen. Yuck, yuck, yuck! I have to find some air freshener -- STAT!

As I was writing the entry above, another older woman came in, complaining about one of our instructors and asking me to teach that course as an independent study even though there are two sections available next semester! No way! I tried being as diplomatic as possible but firmly declined.

What is going on today???

UPDATE
Hmmm... Really, what's with all these older women today? Another came in a few minutes ago, upset that she did not receive any feedback from me. When I asked her if she checks her email, she sheepishly replied: "Um, no. I never check my email." Well, one mystery solved.

2 comments:

Seeking Solace said...

Bad crack?

Inside the Philosophy Factory said...

It is that anxious time of the semester... you know, the part of the semester when the weather gets cold and they realize they'll be getting a grade at some point in the near future.

My older woman in honors has had a bad patch of family luck and I see it in her work. She's really a good student, just distracted, so I'm cutting her some breaks.

avandia class action