Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Question

I am working with one Cameroonian NGO to fulfill one of the requirements for my Africa trip grant (develop a project that would benefit people I have met on the trip). This organization provides interest-free loans to women so they can purchase seeds, grow crops, and sell them for profit, thus earning income for their families. The social structure is very different from what most of us have experienced -- women, not men, are usually breadwinners.

One of the local families invited us to dinner and we discussed a potential project -- collecting recipes, publishing a cookbook, and donating all profits to the loan fund. Today, I received a CD with all necessary information and need to start working on that project.

Did anyone publish a cookbook before? I would appreciate any ideas and/or advice.

No comments:

avandia class action