Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Oooh, if I only had enough time to do it every day...

Well, it's about time I stopped and did something nice for myself...

  • After my last class today, I went to the local Fresh Market store and picked up some goodies; wish there was one closer to Tiny Town -- this one is kind of out of my way so I rarely shop there.
  • Made a great salad for dinner:

French Chicken Salad
2 cups fresh green beans (1/2 lb)
4 cups stock or water, seasoned with salt, pepper, onion, and celery
2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3/4 lb)
4 cups baby greens
1/3 cup raspberry vinaigrette
1/2 pint raspberries
Parmesan (or blue) cheese, grated
salt and black pepper, to taste

Blanch beans in water or stock for 4-6 minutes or until just tender. Set aside and while chicken is poaching, trim ends diagonally and cut beans in 2-inch diagonal pieces. Poach (slow simmer) chicken in water or stock for 8-10 minutes or until barely pink inside. Put in refrigerator, if not serving within 30 minutes. Bring to room temperature or warm briefly in microwave before serving.

Wash and dry greens. Put in large salad bowl. Toss greens with 2 tablespoons vinaigrette. Toss beans with 1 tablespoon vinaigrette and arrange over greens. Thinly slice chicken and arrange over beans. Sprinkle raspberries over salad. Pour remaining dressing over all. Season with cheese, salt, and pepper. Enjoy! :)

  • Enjoyed a cup of Blue Mountain coffee (my favorite -- fell in love with this java in Ocho Rios, Jamaica) while watching a movie for a while (another favorite -- Serendipity).
  • Definitely felt rejuvinated after this nice treatment -- yeah, lived on frozen dinners for the past several weeks and that stuff gets old fast.
  • Got some work done -- can't believe, actually; I was sooooo tired this afternoon, I thought I would barely make it home.
  • Now better get some sleep -- two more days to go and this commodity was in high demand for the past several weeks, too.

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Sounds awesome!!!!

avandia class action