Search This Blog

Monday, April 10, 2006

Crazy or what???

  • 6:00 p.m., landed in a state capital (United 20 minutes early? Wow!)
  • 6:30 p.m., still waiting for luggage (serves me right -- broke my rule for not checking in bags)
  • 7:00 p.m., finally heading home (4 1/2 hours of pure boredom ahead)
  • 10:30 p.m., almost home (in a middle of nowhere)
  • two deer run out on the road -- I slam my brakes and stop, barely missing stupid creatures (I do like animals -- when they don't run in front of my car)
  • a fraction of a second later -- another deer slams into my car
  • Ahhhhh -- don't you see my car??? I already stopped -- cross in FRONT of my car, not THROUGH my car
  • Pitch dark, nowhere to pull over, don't know the extent of the damage...
  • Drive another 20 minutes -- pure agony, not knowing just how bad the front of my car looks...
  • Civilization -- finally! OK, fender is shattered, headlight is barely there, hood is cracked; overall, drivable -- the light bulb is intact.
  • 11:30 p.m., arrive home -- totally exhausted, still high on adrenaline from a near tumble all over somebody's cotton field
  • Clean out my car so it's ready to be taken to the body shop in the morning (now, I am full time graduate student so you can imagine the amount of "stuff" traveling with me)
  • Call insurance and submit a claim
  • Tossing and turning, manage to get a few hours of sleep
  • Take my car to the shop and get a rental
  • Teach one class (8:00 a.m.)
  • Wade through my mailbox, answering emails and sorting them into appropriate folders
  • Register several students for classes
  • Grade a huge stack of papers
  • Ready to go home (huge sigh of relief)!

To be continued... (have to be in Tampa tomorrow by 8:00 p.m.)

1 comment:

~profgrrrrl~ said...

Oh no! That sounds stressful.

avandia class action