Search This Blog

Friday, April 21, 2006

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

OK, I am extremely busy this week, dealing with a lot of different things and planning everything very carefully. One project was due today and I set time aside to finish it this afternoon. Huh, thanks to that mysterious intuitive sense, I checked the deadline again this morning and, to my horror, discovered that this project is actually due by noon. The reason I didn't see it before is because deadlines are posted in two different places, one with just a date and another with a specific time.

Pushing mountains of papers off my desk, I raced to finish the project, improvising as I went along; my project even makes sense, I think, I hope. Good thing I work well in very stressful situations or I would have been admitted this morning.

Submitted the project at 11:30 a.m., ran to my car, and broke all speed limits (any police officers are out there? missed a chance to write a very substantial speeding ticket!!!) to get to my 12:00 noon class; it takes one hour and 10-15 mins to get there. Made it in 50 minutes, even in pretty heavy noon traffic!

Only to discover... Our instructor is out of town and we are meeting with other grad students; therefore, it would not matter that much even if I missed class today, considering that I did not learn anything new (I am usually very organized and find out things on my own just fine; don't need people to hold my hand unless it's pretty difficult stuff, thank you very much!) Oh, well... It's always nice to see other grad students and exchange news.

Got home around 4:00 p.m. Surprise, surprise -- deadline for the project was extended until Monday because many students couldn't finish on time (um, did not submit it on time and forced the instructor to extend the deadline)!!! Honestly, I am not even going to attempt any changes -- sick and tired of that project; my average is over 100 (with extra points) anyway and I don't really care at this point.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr! What a day!!! On a positive note, look forward to completing another projet due Monday -- this one is fun and I will be able to use it next semester. So, I am going to make a nice cup of coffee and get to work...

No comments:

avandia class action