Search This Blog

Monday, April 24, 2006

My Day... Pros and Cons

(1) Did not go to bed until 2:30 a.m. this morning (finishing a final exam for one of my classes -- last assignment, yeah!!!) and had to be up at 6:30 a.m. for 8:00 a.m. class (I am so not a morning person and four hours is definitely not enough... yawning...).

(2) Morning was fine -- one class, several meetings with students, cleaned my Inbox, etc. Routine -- just what I need while still half asleep. :)

(3) Meeting with a VP of Student Affairs and infamous former/future student who is obscessed with taking my online classes (just go away and leave me alone, please!!!) but thinks that everything must evolve around her and everybody is wrong except one person (guess who?). She is a psycho, all right, and it looks like I am stuck with her this summer (look forward to it -- yeah, sure). I had another problem with her two years ago (hurry up and graduate, would you?) and made a stupid mistake of bending and actually allowing her to make up some assignments. This summer, she is not getting anything extra -- no matter how much she talks behind my back, pouts, complains, or whatever else her sick mind invents (sorry, I usually keep my cool but this student is sooooooooooooo annoying). OK, deep breath, smile! :)

(4) I created a very simple website for one of my grad classes and will actually use it this summer with my own students. Last night, I emailed the link to my students and asked them to check it out (hoping they would fine any errors I missed). Surprise, surprise -- twenty (yes, twenty) students replied so far!!! Wow, most of my students are wonderful people and I am reminded once again why I am using my business degree in the world of academia and not in the world of big bucks.

(5) Now, I am semi-relaxing (listening to my favorite music and grading papers) on the upstairs balcony of my house (I own -- umm, paying for -- an old Victorian, built in 1900; it has character and I absolutely love it; a swing on the upstairs balcony -- best place to relax).

(6) And tomorrow I can sleep as long as I like -- don't have to be anywhere until 4:00 p.m. Mmmm.... luxury!

No comments:

avandia class action