Search This Blog

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Not bad, not bad at all!

Usually, we schedule online course orientation several days before classes start and offer two sessions, 9:00 a.m. and 6:00 p.m. There are two problems with this arrangement:
  1. Because it's usually scheduled on a work day, many students cannot attend. As a result, we end up meeting with them individually. What a waste of time!
  2. Many instructors teach more than one online course and many students take more than one class online; imagine the chaos!!!

I decided on a new approach this time -- offer a session on Saturday. Honestly, I thought that if ten people came, it would be worth an effort since I would not have to meet with them individually. Guess what, 23 showed up today!!! That's 23 out of 60 enrolled in my online courses!

I wanted to celebrate with chocolate but I am working too hard to lose chocolate-induced padding... So I settled on a banana... Pathetic?

No comments:

avandia class action