Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Thank goodness for laptops...

  • Power went out at 9:40 p.m. and it's pitch dark now everywhere. I don’t know what happened but it sure looks like a major outage (no lights in the entire neighborhood, creepy…).
  • Of course, nothing works
  • no Internet connection (don’t want to bother with dial-up)
  • no tea or coffee – I sure could use a nice cup just now
  • no filtered water from refrigerator
  • no air conditioning – and it’s hot outside
  • no TV
  • BUT
  • Laptop is fully charged!
  • So here I am, creating nonsense to be posted later…
  • I may watch a movie…
  • Just hate wasting all this time – after taking a nap this afternoon, I am not ready to go to bed yet and wanted to finish some stuff. Oh well!
  • Finished watching one short movie – still no power; it’s been out for 1 hour and 20 minutes. Come on, people, fix it!
  • It’s back, it’s back!
  • Now I will make some coffee and proceed with my plans for tonight.

No comments:

avandia class action