Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Wireless Celebration!

About a month ago, I bought Konica Minolta Magicolor 2400W color laser printer for only $200.00 which is a great deal since its retail price is $399.00. Although it's not as fast as high-end color laser printers, the quality is pretty good (both in BW and color) and it fits nicely in my home office. Unfortunately, it refused to "talk" to my existing wireless network via D-Link print server.

So I found an alternative print server -- SEH PS03. It arrived today, accompanied by a booklet in technical gibberish. Problems? Please call this number in Germany. Sure, if you pay my phone bill.

Hoping to save some time, I called Konica Minolta tech support. After being on hold for about 15 minutes, I was told to download their new driver. Yeah, like that would tell me how to connect the print server.

So I decided to just "play" with it. Don't ask me to give you a coherent list of steps but, after about 20 minutes of plugging/unplugging, uninstalling/installing, clicking, etc., it finally printed a test page. It works!

Now my two laptops and printer all "talk" nicely over the wireless network. Yeah!

I do have a question... What can I do to increase the distance of my wireless network? Are there fairly inexpensive distance/strength boosters? I know there is a new router on the market but hope to avoid spending too much money.

No comments:

avandia class action