Search This Blog

Monday, August 07, 2006

Ah, beyond exhausted...

Today was a very long day -- meetings 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and then lots of little things like finishing course syllabi, taking care of copies, making sure textbooks are available, preparing for tomorrow's seminar, etc. I did not leave my office until almost 8:00 p.m.!

And my big mouth got me in trouble -- again! My colleague (who lives an hour away and so we rarely see each other) and I drove to lunch; to avoid traffic (yeah, we have traffic in a sleepy town -- believe it or not), I drove through a residential area and pointed out my house. She begged to see it one day and what did I do without thinking? Invited her and another girl to lunch tomorrow! Ah, not a good time... not enough time to cook and clean.

Oh, well... too late to change my mind... So I stopped by a store today and picked up some peppers and mushroms for a quick grilled salad. I already had some frozen stuffed salmon so I baked it tonight. Hmmm... Ended up with a gourmet lunch... :) As for cleaning... only had enough energy for a quick check... vacuuming and dusting would have been nice but I am totally exhausted.

Another looooooong day tomorrow... Meetings again 8:00 a.m. to probably 3:00 or 3:30... Seminar 4:00 to 6:00... Department get-together in a local restaurant until maybe 8:00? Last-minute touch ups on online courses and back to work bright and early on Wednesday for a full day registration and two sessions of online course orientation...

Yawning... better get some sleep... so much to do and I just can't catch up...

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Meeting hell is no fun. Hope things get a ittle less hectic.

avandia class action