Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Taking a well-deserved break...

This week is just too crazy... I know it will get better but some students really make me question my career! We offer online course orientation every semester the week before classes start -- and our students need this orientation, desperately. Unfortunately, many students think that mandatory course orientation does not apply to them... until the first week of classes when they realize username and password are needed in order to access the course... Then they start calling, emailing, showing up and demanding help NOW...

Of course, they always have an excuse -- don't you dare to tell me I could actually make arrangements the week before! I have kids, I work, I attend church, I have other obligations! And I just sit there and think: "How about me? I don't live in my office, really! Or maybe I do?"

Sighing... sorry, guys... it's just frustrating to go over the same thing again, and again, and again... and making arrangements to see these students like 24/7...

Anyway, the hall is semi-quiet now, I responded to all messages, the phone does not ring as often, my desk is messy but I will deal with that later... For now, I am happily munching a tomato sandwich -- one of my friends brought some goodies from a local fresh food market and that reminded me to eat healthy. My refrigerator happened to contain tomatoes so that explains my lunch menu for today. I will need to stop by that market more often and get fresh produce -- they do offer the freshest things in town but I don't get to "visit" in-between semesters.

No comments:

avandia class action