Search This Blog

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Not a good way to start the weekend...

I stayed up late last night (this morning?), hoping to be so tired that I would fall asleep immediately and not have to toss and turn; otherwise, I would finally fall asleep for a few hours and then wake up at 6:00 a.m., my weekday wake-up time. I even made sure my alarm was off -- just in case!

Well, the trick worked -- I was asleep almost immediately. Alas, my cats (well, one of them belongs to me) woke me up at 6:00 a.m. -- I am not kidding, the clock said 6:00 a.m.!!! I was in a deep slumber when I heard this very strange noise and could not figure what it was, like crying or moaning or growling or something!!! Once the fog cleared, I saw my male cat standing next to the bedroom balcony door, growling at a stray cat on the other side. How did that thing climb to the second-floor balcony? Probably used the tree branches. Anyway, Robin was protecting his territory -- dare I say his owner? :)

After shooing both cats away, I went back to bed. It took awhile to fall asleep but I finally did, only to wake up crying. I was dreaming of being in a faculty meeting. My dept chair was chewing me out for not checking some kind of account and ridiculing me for not doing a good job. Ugh, what a stupid dream; have no idea what triggered it. My dept chair is a wonderful person who truly cares about us and wholeheartedly supports me in everything I do. And I am very secure about my job -- although I would love to do more research and teach less classes, I enjoy teaching and there is not doubt in my mind that I am doing a good job; they know I plan to leave once I finish my Ph.D. and always try to persuade me to stay. So this nightmare, like many I guess, is totally weird.

Anyway, I wiped the tears, laughed at myself, and went back to sleep. Did not wake up until 10:30 a.m., actually; probably would have slept longer if Mom did not call. That's another story. Mom, how many times did I tell you NOT to call me on Saturday mornings since it's the only day I can indulge in sleeping in???

Oh, well -- I am up, I am dressed, I am wide awake, and actually I am ready to accomplish some things today. Just a weird start, I guess.

No comments:

avandia class action