Search This Blog

Monday, August 14, 2006

Long but productive day...

  • 8:00 a.m. class (oh, I am so not a morning person; but this is the only way to get things done when you are both a grad student and full-time college instructor)
  • office hours -- lots of last-minute advising, questions from zealous online students (yeah for that -- I hope their energy does not vanish soon), acting as a tour guide to the lost students (my office opens right into the busy hall and so I am fair game to anybody looking for a room, or professor, or knows what), phone calls, etc.
  • drove to University City for a meeting with my major professor; we had a very, very productive meeting; I am so lucky to work with this person, especially given my limited (really, non-existent) research background
  • drove back to Sleepy Town (an hour one way gets sooooooo boring)
  • cleared my Inbox
  • prepared for tomorrow's class (another 8:00 a.m. -- teaching 8:00 a.m. M-R; crazy, I know; home by 4:00 p.m. on most days, though)
  • made a hotel reservation for a travel buddy (I am so mad at the faculty development seminar organizers -- they did not inform me of an upcoming mandatory meeting until today; and we were supposed to drive to the Capital City together; now I have to get there early and pretty much abandon her at the last moment, when making flight reservations may not be so easy; ugh, some advance planning would really help, people!!! at least I had enough reward points for a hotel so she can stay there while waiting for the return flight)
  • now some tweaking for another course -- we are adding some cool things and removing bad stuff; I am so, so excited; have been waiting for these changes for two semesters now
  • aaaaaah, a cup of coffee to stay awake and back to work...
  • oh, I also washed my car (the neighbor's cat climbed with his dirty paws -- again!!!) and walked (fast) for 30 minutes on the treadmill (too tired to run tonight); these pounds accumulated so fast but getting rid of them seems like a losing battle... I will win, sooner or later!

No comments:

avandia class action