Search This Blog

Friday, November 17, 2006

Group Work

I love group work. And I hate group work. Depends on many factors such as group members, project, course, etc. I am involved in one project right now that requires my entire supply of patience. Several girls are "running" around like chickens with their heads cut off, worrying about nothing, making plans that are totally worthless. Stop, pay attention to directions! Yet, having dealt with them before, I know that it's better to let them boss around and then quietly pick up whatever portion is assigned to me and do my best with it. Otherwise, I won't be so popular when it comes to evaluations. Am I a coward? Not really. I just know from my prior experience that any suggestions will be ignored or, worse, taken as mutiny. Crazy, huh?

Anyway, too tired to think -- a long, long day. Put out several "fires" in the morning, barely made it to my noon class (phew, glad all cops were somewhere else), "flew" back in time to pick up a state car and meet three students I am taking to the conference, drove to Capital City (Friday night traffic is so annoying), fed my little flock, and finally collapsed. Oh, still so much to do...

No comments:

avandia class action