Search This Blog

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Yawning...

  • I wanted my students to do as much as possible last night so we went shopping and then ate at Joe's Crab Shack; it was packed but we had a good time; we didn't get back until 10:30 p.m.
  • And then I had to work, of course; deadlines don't wait. :(
  • Made myself get up at 6:30 a.m. (I treasure a chance to sleep in on weekends; alas, not this weekend)
  • Had breakfast (I had a delicious waffle smothered in whipped cream -- guilty as charged)
  • Took care of the bill (ah, they always forget to deduct taxes; government agencies don't pay taxes in their home states)
  • Drove to Tiny Town
  • Taught a student how to create an interactive PowerPoint presentation -- we were bored, so she took out her laptop and I guided her through the first set of slides; after that, she was doing great and I only provided additional hints/corrections.
  • Other two girls happily supplied facts for the project. She created an interactive game so they chose South America as a theme and the came up with categories. We learned some Spanish in the process.
  • Came home and collapsed -- so tired. Thought about lunch and decided it was too much trouble, so took a nap instead.
  • And what am I doing now? Um, working; evil stats homework is due on Wednesday night. Yes, we have a class on Wednesday, until 5:45 p.m.
  • I sooooooo look forward to Thanksgiving, even though I couldn't care less about turkey, stuffing, etc. I just need some quiet time. And my parents are coming over on Friday night to spend Saturday with me. Mom is still complaining about my absence on Thursday but I don't feel like spending 8+ hours on the road.

No comments:

avandia class action