Search This Blog

Monday, September 27, 2010

Day 64: Roasted Chicken with Salad plus Sharing the Road with Maniacs

Mondays are usually tough but today was even worse because of the weather.  I left the house at 4:00 am for a 3.5 hour drive.  Since I am not a morning person, that's usually bad enough.  I checked the weather forecast last night and so anticipated thunderstorms but, surprisingly, most of the drive was fairly pleasant.  The road was wet but it didn't rain and so I was able to enjoy the book on tape while sipping hot strong coffee I made before I left.  Until about 25 miles from my destination... 

It started raining so hard, my wipers weren't able to keep up.  The water could not run off fast enough so there were huge puddles everywhere.  The steam was rising from the hot pavement being cooled by the rain and so it was very foggy.  And it was still dark, of course...  And there were quite a few idiots, apparently with a death wish, who were speeding throught this mess, splashing everybody else who are crawling with emergency lights flashing for safety.  I mean, there is literally zero visibility.  The road is slippery and there are puddles everywhere so the chance of hydroplaning is enormous. 

I was exhaused by the time I got home tonight so stopped at Public and bought some roasted chicken, then made a simple salad (lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers with black olives).  It was simple and tasty.  Now I need a nap before I conquer a mountain of papers to be graded by tomorrow.  Sigh...

No comments:

avandia class action