Search This Blog

Monday, September 20, 2010

On students who are daydreaming...

I do not allow students to use computers when I am talking unless they are doing something with me.  In that case, I walk to the back of the room so I have a good view of all monitors.  When I am talking from the front of the room, I ask them to put up keyboards.  Well, apparently I can't forbid daydreaming...

This morning, I explained what was due next week (auditory learners), displayed the course calendar (visual learners), and then asked them what was due, receiving a chorus response.  Then I answered questions about these assignments.  Finally, I asked again if they had any other questions.  One student raised his/her hand and asked what was due.  Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!  Where have you been for the last twenty minutes?  This person was looking at me but not listening, apparently!

No comments:

avandia class action