Search This Blog

Friday, September 03, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 39/Japanese Steakhouse for My B-Day!

S. and I went out last night for my b-day! :)  Japanese Steakhouse a few miles from us offers a free birthday dinner so we decided to take an advantage of that.  It would have been a great choice regardless of the offer because we have eaten there before and the food is fabulous, portions are huge, and grill "show" is spectacular. 

Both of us had to work late and so didn't get to the restaurant until 8:00 pm.  Because it was Thursday night, there were only a few other couples there.  They left while we were still eating miso soup and salad so we were the only ones at the grill when the chef arrived to prepare our food.  The waitress told him it was my b-day and he put on an extra-nice show, repeating some of the usual "fire" presentations so we could take photos.  S. ordered steak and chicken dinner and my entree of shrimp, scallops, and lobster was free, so we got to sample everything.

Honestly, I was not really paying attention to the "diet" last night but, after doing it for over a month, I was still aware of what I was eating.  I did eat some fried rice because I could not resist -- this place makes the best fried rice in the area, really.  However, I mostly ate veggies and seafood-meat -- my favorites anyway -- so I think I was still within "diet requirements" or at least close. :)

1 comment:

Seeking Solace said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

avandia class action