Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 10/Chef S. Chicken

I was able to relax for a few days but all that work is still there...  Back to work next week and still so much to do...

Another plus for this diet -- even though I am stressing out, I know I will not start snacking w/out paying attention.  I miss cooking for S., though -- he will have to survive on leftovers for the next couple of weeks, even though he can definitely cook if necessary.  He is nice to me, though, so I usually cook and he does dishes -- hey, works for me.  Here is one of his recipes, in case somebody can use it.  He came up with it one week when I was away, he was tired of leftovers, and decided to clean our refrigerator. ;)

Chef S. Clean Refrigerator Chicken
  • 1 chicken breast, tenderized and sliced into chunks
  • 1 onion, finely sliced
  • 4 scoops of plain yogurt or sour cream
  • olive oil
  • fresh dill or parsley, finely chopped
  • salt
  • pepper
Season chicken with salt and pepper, then fry in hot oil for a few minutes.  Remove chicken and set aside.  Saute onion until golden brown, add yogurt and chicken, add more salt/pepper if necessary.  Simmer until chicken is done and sauce starts to thicken.  Sprinkle with dill or parsley.  Enjoy with warm pita bread.

I am tired today -- it's that time of the month...  So chugging cold green tea (love sugar-free on-the-go packets, honey-ginger flavor).  Green tea always helps plus I am drinking enough fluids.

I have been putting off my IRB proposal and it's silly because I have all the information, just need to update the form and send it to my advisor.  I keep pushing myself for a burst of energy and then get the momentum going, to take care of my prospectus.  It's almost done, too, so how do I get through this block of apathy?!

No comments:

avandia class action