Search This Blog

Friday, August 27, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 33/Rosemary Lamb with Green Beans Almondine

 MeRecording every meal is one of the most important requirements for this diet plan.  I am not as tempted to "cheat" while "estimating" because the difference in calories is glaring and reminds me that I will have to pay for my choices through exercise or, even worse, lack of progress.  However, I am tired of blogging every Medifast meal because, after the first month or so, it's all the same and does not hold any interest.  I have settled into my routine, more or less -- (1) shake for breakfast, (2) snack bar or oatmeal cookies for mid-morning snack, (3) soup or lean & green meal for lunch (I prefer to eat lean & green for lunch if I have time to cook), (4) pudding or parmesan puffs for mid-afternoon snack, (5) soup or lean & green for dinner, and (6) either shake or hot drink (hot cocoa or cappuccino) for evening snack.  There is almost no variation in calories for Medifast meals (approximately 500 calories per day) so I won't blog about them anymore, even though I will keep recording.

Instead, I will share my lean & green recipes.  First, you don't have to be on a diet to use these recipes.  Second, it's more important to be careful on this meal because calories can vary dramatically.

S. and I are spending the long weekend together so I am cooking for two, which is much easier than cooking for fun.  And sharing meals at the same table instead of a lonely table settting...  What a bliss! :)

I usually stay away from lamb because it tends to be rather fatty.  However, I bought a couple of really nice small lamb chops today and decided to try this recipe (found on the package):

Rosemary Lamb
2 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
1 tsp coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground mustard (didn't use)
1/2 tsp oregano (didn't use)
1/2 tsp garlic powder

Process all spices in a blender until coarsely ground.  Rub lamb with spice mix on both sides.  Bake, uncovered, at 350 F for 1 3/4 to 2 1/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness.

Green Beans Almondine
Steam green beans.  Saute slivered almonds in butter until golden brown.  Mix with green beans.

I will also make a lettuce and cucumber salat with a low-calorie Italian dressing.

Green & Lean Calories
Lamb Loin 310.1 cal 5 oz
Rosemary Leaf, Fresh 2.2 cal 1 tbsp
Pepper, Black, Ground 2.7 cal 0.5 tsp
Salt, Table 0.0 cal 0.5 tsp
Garlic Powder 2.3 cal 0.25 tsp
Raw Lettuce, Romaine 8.0 cal 1 cup
Raw Cucumber, with peel 8.0 cal 0.5 cup
Cooked Green Beans, frozen 19.0 cal 0.5 cup
Almond, Dry Roasted, 24 cal 0.5 tbsp
Butter, Unsalted 34.0 cal 1 tsp
Light Italian 15 cal 1 tbsp

No comments:

avandia class action