Search This Blog

Monday, August 09, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 15/Lean & Green Taco Salad

It was great to chat with my Medifast Health Coach last night who reassured me that I am on track.  She will stay in touch with me as well as help me save money on Medifast meals.  Wow, thanks! :)

Took Boots to the vet clinic this morning because his paw is getting infected again.  We adopted him because he was declawed and looked so timid and terrified of anything and everything.  It has taken a lot of patience and encouragement from both of us and now he is a happy cat who loves to cuddle and window-watch.  His paw, however, never healed completely.  It was fine for several weeks and now bothering him again.  He was very nervous, obviously, so our vet will sedate him today, deep clean the wound, remove any foreign obstacles and/or bone fragments, and glue the incision.  I should be able to pick up Boots tomorrow morning.  Even though I don't like leaving him there for a long time (he probably thinks he has been abandoned again, poor kitty...) but need to take of this or he will continue to suffer.

Doing fine with my meal plan today.  Because I will be gone all day, I printed out the plan last night and made the pudding right away.  This morning, I made the shake and took the other packets with me (snack bar and soup).  Plenty of water at work so need to worry about that.

Lean & Green Taco Salad recipe was found here.  Here is my version:


5 oz. Ground Beef (93%)
1 tbsp taco seasoning
1 cup romaine lettuce
1/2 cup cucumber
1/2 cup tomatoes
1 tbsp fat-free cheddar cheese
1 tbsp ligh sour cream
 
Brown the ground beef, drain, and add taco seasoning.  Chop lettuce, cucumber, and tomatoes.  Top with meat, cheddar cheese, and sour cream.  Should be yummy!

No comments:

avandia class action