Search This Blog

Sunday, August 08, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 14/Mushroom and Mini Meatballs Salad

I don't want to go back to work tomorrow... one more week, please? :(

Because I have been traveling back and forth for over a year now, my closet is a mess... suitcases haven't been truly emptied in a long time...  I am on a mission to organize today!  Actually, almost done -- proud of myself! :)

Mushroom and Mini Meatballs Salad

Finely chop parsley, add to ground beef, season with salt/pepper, and mix well.  Form into tiny bite size meatballs.  Steam for 10 minutes (or fry, for extra flavor).  Chop romaine lettuce and spinach.  Slice mushrooms and fry in olive oil until golden brown -- as Julia Child advised, "Don't crowd mushrooms or they won't cook properly!"  Mix lettuce, spinach, mushrooms, meatballs, and add more salt/pepper if necessary.  Sprinkle some cheddar cheese.  I didn't add any dressing but, of course, this salad will taste even better with your favorite dressing.  Enjoy! :)

No comments:

avandia class action