Search This Blog

Friday, August 13, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 19/Pork and Mushroom Kabobs with Tomato-Cucumber Salad

My brain is not functioning yet this morning so I decided to blog while drinking coffee and waking up...  I so did not want to be at work by 8:00 am after staying up late again but only three hours of "required office presence" left for today!  Does anybody accomplish anything substantial during office hours?  Even though my students are not always knocking on my door and my phone is quiet sometimes, I still can't concentrate and so completing small tasks rather than attempting to work on a larger project. 

I defrosted some pork chops last night and so making kabobs for dinner.  Anybody else has a favorite recipe for pork chops?

Pork and Mushroom Kabobs with Tomato-Cucumber Salad

Cut pork chops and mushrooms into bite-size chunks and marinate in Italian Dressing, preferably overnight.  I can only eat three veggies per day so using only mushrooms, because I love grilled mushrooms.  It's better to use a variety of veggies, of course -- green peppers, onions, cherry tomatoes, etc.  Skewer meat and veggies and grill on medium-high until done.  I will enjoy kabobs with a simple tomato-cucumber salad (chop tomatoes and cucumbers, season with salt/pepper/other spices).

Breakfast
Medifast Fruit & Nut Crunch Bar 110.0 cal 1 Each

Coffee, Brewed, Prepared ,Prep W/Tap Water 4.7 cal 2 cup (8 fl oz)

Mid-Morning
Medifast Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal 100.0 cal 1 Each

Lunch
Medifast Chicken & Wild Rice Soup 100.0 cal 1 Each

Afternoon
Medifast Orange Creme 55 Shake 90.0 cal 1 Each

Dinner
Pork Chop 286.0 cal 5 oz
Cooked Mushrooms, White, fresh 34.0 cal 0.5 cup
Kraft Light Done Right Italian 40.0 cal 2 tbsp
Raw Tomatoes 16.0 cal 0.5 cup
Raw Cucumber, with peel 8.0 cal 0.5 cup
Salt, Table 0.0 cal 1 dash

Evening
Medifast Swiss Mocha 55 Shake 90.0 cal 1 Each

No comments:

avandia class action