Search This Blog

Friday, August 20, 2010

Losing Weight Project: Day 26/Turkey Meatballs with Cheesy Cauliflower

One more ground turkey recipe...  I am trying to use my freezer contents and they are not individually packaged so, once I defrost something, I have to use it up because all of us know what refreezing does to any food.  That's another change I am making -- before freezing, divide into small portions.  Even better, of course, is to buy just what we need but it's not always possible because of convenience and cost.

Turkey Meatballs with Cheesy Cauliflower
Mix ground turkey (or beef) with favorite spices (I used salt and oregano) and finely chopped parsley.  Fry or steam (I chose to steam).  I bought a package of individual servings of cheesy cauliflower, only 30 calories each, so heated up one serving for today.  Also, made a simple green salad (romaine lettuce with dressing).  Fast, easy, healthy, and tasty!

Breakfast
Medifast Orange Creme 55 Shake 90.0 cal 1 Each
This is one of my favorite shakes.  Tip:  Always add ice!

Mid-Morning
Medifast Lemon Meringue Crunch Bar 110.0 cal 1 Each

Lunch
Ground Turkey 333.0 cal 5 oz
Raw Lettuce, Romaine 16.0 cal 2 cup
Kraft Light Done Right Italian 20.0 cal 1 tbsp
Cauliflower In Cheese Flavored Sauce, Frozen 30.0 cal 0.25 cup
Salt, Table 0.0 cal 1 dash
Oregano, Dried (Spice Islands) 4.8 cal 0.5 tsp
Parsley, Raw 1.4 cal 1 tbsp

Afternoon
Medifast Vanilla Pudding 100.0 cal 1 Each

Dinner
Medifast Chicken Noodle Soup 100.0 cal 1 Each

Evening
Medifast Banana Creme 55 Shake 90.0 cal 1 Each

No comments:

avandia class action